tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Speeding up RMI calls
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 00:29:17 GMT
The only way I know to address this obnoxious issue is to create your
own custom RMIClassLoaderSpi and install it early enough.

The custom RMIClassLoaderSpi is very simple:

       public String  getClassAnnotation( final Class cl )
       {
         return ( null );  // we don't need no stinking bloated RMI
    class annotations!
       }

otherwise the implementation can simply default to
DefaultSpiHolder.instance.getDefaultSpi().

Of course, it is extremely silly that this issue has existed for many
years and there's still no simple -Djava.rmi.disableClassAnnotations or
the like.