tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Lampert <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0.25 on an AS/400, V5R4, Another try. Help?
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 20:34:17 GMT
Tim Watts wrote:

> import java.io.File;
> import java.net.URL;
> import java.net.URLClassLoader;
>
> public class FindClass {
>         public static void main(String[] args) {
>                 try {
>                         URLClassLoader loader = new URLClassLoader(
>                                 new URL[] {new File("/wintouch/tomcat/lib/catalina.jar").toURI().toURL()});
>                         loader.loadClass(args[0]);
>                         System.out.println("URLClassLoader found class '" +args[0] +"'");
>                 }
>                 catch (Exception e) {
>                         e.printStackTrace();
>                 }
>         }
> }

I tried it. I'm surprised I was able to get it to compile and run on
only the second try (the first try, I had left the stream file editor in
the default EBCDIC codepage when I pasted in your source, which JAVAC,
not surprisingly, didn't like at all).

At any rate, I get:

> java FindClass org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina
> URLClassLoader found class 'org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina'

And so far as I can determine without doing a clean install of Tomcat,
nothing is customized at all, at this point, other than maybe setting
port numbers (which it isn't even getting to, yet), and adding your
diagnostic lines in logging.properties.

Paul Holm, on the Midrange.com Java list, suggested turning on verbose
mode on Java; I'm not entirely sure how I would even do that for Tomcat.

What would be the next step?

--
JHHL