tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org>
Subject Re: Logging framework for Tomcat -Exceptions
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 03:33:07 GMT
On 7/12/2012 7:20 AM, Tim Watts wrote:
> No offense, but this really isn't a list for teaching Java.
> But what the hell, I'll make one "exception":
>
> public class DAOException extends Exception {
>          public DAOException(String msg) {
>          	super();
>          }
>
>          public DAOException(String msg) {
>          	super(msg);
>          }
>
>          public DAOException(String msg, Throwable cause) {
>          	super(msg, cause);
>          }
>
>          public DAOException(Throwable cause) {
>          	super(cause);
>          }
> }
>
> That's all I'll s say on this thread.
I know Tim something was missing.Just 20 mins back I fixed the class,now
I get the cool stack trace,damm it file upload stuff is breaking and
passing null values.I will fix it.

I know this is not a place to learn Java and thats not my intention.Its
time for me to implement robust logging framework,so thought let me ask
here as which is light weight and yet can log exceptions preferably both
handled and unhandled.

and thanks for some headsup.