tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org>
Subject Logging framework for Tomcat -Exceptions
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 01:05:25 GMT
Hi,

I have below code for catching DAO exceptions,but I feel its not correct
way to do this,Can some one point me to some library which will capture
all exceptions which my code will throw and works with tomcat. I
implementing Model2 mvc pattern and to my surprise I am able to show
values to the view but database is not getting inserted.I am lost given
that no exception is also being thrown anywhere.All logs looks clean but
DB is not updated.

import java.sql.Connection;

public interface DAO {

     Connection getConnection() throws DAOException;

}

public class DAOException extends Exception {

     public DAOException() {
     }
     public DAOException(String message) {
         this.message = message;
     }
     @Override
     public String getMessage() {
         return message;
     }
     public void setMessage(String message) {
         this.message = message;
     }
     private String message;

     @Override