tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: General Architecture Question for multiple websites on a single RedHat server
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 22:15:44 GMT
On 02/07/2012 22:34, Mark Eggers wrote:
> [...]
Tomcat
> 5. Copy the template init script to each named service (tomcat1, tomcat2, tomcat3, etc.)
> 6. Optionally place service-specific parameters in an /etc/sysconfig subdirectory
> 7. Add the services with chkconfig
> 8. Start and stop each service separately
>
> Don't forget to change the relevant ports in each server.xml file. An ant script with
the xmltask add-on is quite handy for doing this. You can then write a properties file with
configuration specifics for each CATALINA_BASE, run the ant tasks to create the CATALINA_BASE,
service support files, etc., and then install. The properties files then become a nice base
document for all of the Tomcat servers that you've installed.

> Alternatively, if all of your web sites have similar uptime / control / access requirements,
you can run all 5 sites using a combination of named virtual hosts on Apache HTTPD and virtual
hosts on Tomcat.

> Or a combination of the above . . . It all depends on your requirements.

+1