tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Watts <...@cliftonfarm.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0.25 on an AS/400, V5R4, Another try. Help?
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:49:36 GMT
On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 08:57 -0700, James Lampert wrote:
> Tim Watts wrote:
>
> > http://tomcat.10.n6.nabble.com/Tomcat-7-0-25-on-an-AS-400-V5R4-Another-try-Help-td4984199.html#a4984215
>
> >> - Add these lines to the end of conf/logging.properties:
> >>
> >>         org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.level = ALL
> >>         org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.level = ALL
>
> No effect whatsoever. The catalina.out log and the spool file produced
> by STDOUT are exactly the same as before.

Well, hopefully not EXACTLY the same -- different timestamps right?
Right? :-)

Looks like it may be using a customized logging configuration.  Find
that and update the above according to the config file location and/or
the logging framework in use.  (Sorry, can't be more specific; you're
leaving us in the dark as to your set up.)  Look in bin/setenv.sh if you
have one.  Or if you've modified any of the distribution scripts (which
generally you shouldn't do) then do a diff against the distribution
versions for 7.0.25.  Please post these so we're not flying so blind.

Also, could this be another ASCII/EBCDIC issue?  I seem to recall that
was a possibility a long time ago but don't recall if that ever panned
out.