tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hermes Flying <flyingher...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 and JIoEndpoint as used in ssl
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 15:54:53 GMT
Great! So the AbstractEndpoint is only passed in to be accessed if needed and if I don't need
to use it I am ok!
I will try this. Hopefully nothing will break!

________________________________
 From: Konstantin Kolinko <knst.kolinko@gmail.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: Tomcat 7 and JIoEndpoint as used in ssl

2012/7/5 Hermes Flying <flyinghermes@yahoo.com>:
> Ok I will read these thank you.
> So essentially you are saying that I can not get away by justo overriding the new method
delegating to the old one? I.e.

> public ServerSocketFactory getServerSocketFactory(AbstractEndpoint endpoint){
>           return getServerSocketFactory();//the existing and worked fine in older
Tomcat version

> }
>
> and call my existing implementation and just ignore the endpoint parameter?

Yes.  ServerSocketFactory does not expose any references to endpoint,
so you can ignore this parameter if you do not need it.

There are 2 implementations of ServerSocketFactory in Tomcat:
DefaultServerSocketFactory,
JSSESocketFactory.
The first one ignores the endpoint. The second one uses it to get some options.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko