tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hermes Flying <flyingher...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat 7 and JIoEndpoint as used in ssl
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 06:12:22 GMT
Hi,

I have build a custom SSL implementation and I use that for the SSL connectivity in Tomcat.
This was build back in Tomcat 5 and it works in Tomcat 6
But now that we are trying to migrate in Tomcat 7 a change has been done that breaks my implementation.
Specifically the org.apache.tomcat.util.netSSLImplementation#getServerSocketFactory() has
been changed to

org.apache.tomcat.util.netSSLImplementation#getServerSocketFactory(AbstractEndpoint endpoint)
at least this is a first difference I found so far.

My question is: What is the need/use of this change? In the previous version (with no params)
my implementation handled everything. Am I supposed to do something with the AbstractEndpoint
endpoint? I see that this normally is JIoEndpoint. Am I supposed to pass some information
back to it? Or has this been done just in case someone would need to do that.
What is the functionality of JIoEndpoint?

Thank you