tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Preißer <verlag.preis...@t-online.de>
Subject RE: Equivalent of Web Service Extension in IIS6 on XP Professional
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:08:22 GMT
Hi Christopher,

> Great, thanks for the note. Could you make a small documentation patch
> and attach it to a new bugzilla issue? It's worth pointing out that
> this step isn't required in IIS 5.1 (if that is indeed true).

I think the current documentation should already make clear that the step isn't required for
IIS 5.1, since it says:

"If you're using IIS 6.0 you must also do the following:
Using the IIS management console, add the Jakarta Isapi Redirector to the Web Service Extensions."

However, I think the phrase "If you're using IIS 6.0" could be changed to "If you're using
IIS 6.0 or newer", because adding the ISAPI DLL to the allowed Web Service Extensions also
applies for IIS 7 and 8  (however, there the section is named "ISAPI and CGI restrictions").

Regards,
Konstantin Preißer