tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lefevre <lefev...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Abtract methods in DelegatingResultSet
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:30:17 GMT
On 6/19/2012 11:22 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Compare the definition of the ResultSet interface in the version of the
> JDK the class was compiled with with the definition in the version of
> the JDK you are running with.

Thanks, that explains it: as I wrote before, the abstract DelegatingResultSet
methods in Tomcat 6.0.30 (resp. 7.0.27) are those marked Java 1.6 (resp. 1.7).
Now, opening the class file in an hex editor, I can see that Tomcat 6.0 (resp.
7.0) was indeed compiled against Java 1.5 (resp. 1.6).

So the problem stems from mixing Tomcat and JDBC driver classes that were
compiled against different versions of Java, correct?

-- O.L.