tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mead, Jen L" <Mead....@con-way.com>
Subject RE: looking for help with getting tomcat 7 to authenticate aginst windows domain controller from aix 6.1 and 5.3
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 21:08:04 GMT
Now that I am looking further into this, I am almost convinced that I don't need Kerberos on
the AIX webserver but only in the client (PC that is accessing the pages that are going to
authenticate).  I don't get the feeling that many people are doing this (just using a keytab
file with an AD account and tweaking the conf files on the UNIX box where tomcat is installed).
 This is the only response so far.
Jen

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2012 12:45 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: looking for help with getting tomcat 7 to authenticate aginst windows domain
controller from aix 6.1 and 5.3

assuming you're auth'ing against ADS then your Servlet will have to load a ADS Authentication
library and then extract auth creds to validate against ADS..
By the way ADS is native windows code so the only option to make ADS run on AIX is thru a
Windows Emulator such as WINEhttp://www.winehq.org/download And yes if your ADS library forces
Kerberos Authentication thru TC NegotiateAuthenticator valve (such as waffle).. then the answer
is yes you will need to accomodate Kerberos Authentication Tokens http://code.dblock.org/single-sign-on-tomcat-negotiate-authenticator-kerberos-ntlm-w-waffleKeep
in mind that the majority of ADS Libraries are written for native windows so turn your radar
on for1)32bit vs 64bit ADS Deployments
2)Specific .NET Framework implementations (v1 or v2 or v3) for ADS3)Threaded vs non-threaded
singleton library dependencies for ADS (keep the other library off the path) //somewhere in
your code you have a javax.net.ssl.SSLSessionContext concrete class  .. then get the SSLSession
with your JSessionIDjavax.net.ssl.SSLSession ssl_session=SSLSessionContext.getSession(JSessionID.getBytes());
//extract PeerPrincipal from your SSLSessionjava.security.Principal principal =(java.security.Principal)
ssl_session.getPeerPrincipal();//test Principal for Kerberos    if (principal instanceof KerberosPrincipal)
   {
                 serverName = sun.security.util.HostnameChecker.getServerName((KerberosPrincipal)principal);
   }http://www.docjar.com/html/api/sun/security/util/HostnameChecker.java.html
i would not deploy on AIX and deploy on a windows box..far easier to load ADS Server and ADS
client code windows code to test on guys..any suggestions?
Martin
Do not alter or disrupt this message..Thank You