tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brooke Hedrick <brooke.t.hedr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SEVERE: Servlet threw load() exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 23:27:17 GMT

-Brooke

On Jun 25, 2012, at 5:57 PM, "Don Lawton" <dglawton@verizon.net> wrote:

> I’m developing a servlet to use as the controller in a MVC web app.  Each time I start/restart
the server, I get a “SEVERE: Servlet  threw load() exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:”
error with a stack dump.  The missing class that is identified is the controller servlet.
 I put some console print statements in the constructor and they indicate no problem.  The
jsp’s that post to the servlet and those that are dispatched from the servlet also work
as expected.  The hits I get from a web search usually point to a specific framework jar that
is missing (i.e. Struts, Spring, etc.)  that I can’t adapt to this issue.  Here’s the
dump:

Is the class,  org.dgl.HomeFinances.Utilities.Controller.hfController, included in your app's
web-inf/classes or in a jar under web-inf/lib?

Sometimes these callstacks can be pretty long and what you are missing is further down in
the stacktrace.