tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX <LeoDona...@mail.maricopa.gov>
Subject [OT] Observer pattern?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 22:00:49 GMT
Could someone point me in the right direction.

If three different web applications all rely on knowing when a piece of data changes, how
does webapp #1 who makes the update, notify webapp #2 and webapp #3 that they need to make
a request to update their view?

For example:

User of webapp #1 updates the status of something in a database and needs to inform the users
of webapp #2 and webapp #3, who are updating other data yet watching for that status to change,
that they need to update their view (fetch updated data from a database, or call some other
method based on the changed status value).

It sounds like the Observer pattern, but I don't know.

Leo