tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Venkata Pavan Kumar Sannisetty <sunny...@gmail.com>
Subject ClassNotFoundException Error in Tomcat 5.5 and Tomcat 6.0
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 05:07:56 GMT
I am having this strange issue with the tomcat 5.5 and tomcat 6.0 servers.
I have two web applications which will be installed on tomcat.When tomcat
is started these two web applications also get started simultaneously but
sometimes one web application fails to initialize because of the init
failure in one application another application is getting
classnotfoundexception errors while running. In tomcat 7.0 the application
is running fine even if the other application failed to initialize.

After some debugging i came to know there is one jar named crystal.jar
which is in the web-inf/lib folder of both applications. I have moved the
jar to common/lib folder of tomcat then it started working fine. I want to
know why it is working fine in tomcat 7.0 not in tomcat 5.x and tomcat 6.x
versions. Is there any change in classloading architecture between these
versions ?

Thanks

Pavan.