tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peli <fabian...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moodle & Tomcat
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 15:28:06 GMT
hey thanks for your help, but did not work, or not if I am doing wrong, I mean

in my application directory I created the context.xml file in META-INF
directory with the following contents:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Context aliases = "/aliasPath1=D:/ServerJEE/apache-tomcat-7.0.27/moodledata" >
</Context>

then restart my tomcat, but still does not work

thanks a lot

2012/6/20 Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>:
>> From: Peli [mailto:fabianp60@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Moodle & Tomcat
>
>> Moodle requires to create the resource directory outside of the
>> deployment directory [webapps], the moodledata directory is created
>> directly in [...\apache-tomcat-7.0.27\moodledata]
>> moodle upload files to that directory but in the course when you want
>> to download one of these files, it displays a 404 error resource not
>> found.
>
>> the files can be accessed from outside the webapps directory?
>
>> what I need to configure?
>
> Look at the aliases attribute for the <Context> element:
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Standard_Implementation
>
>  - Chuck

Néstor Fabián Peña Estrella
Tecnólogo en Sistemas de Información-Univalle
Estudiante Ingeniería de Sistemas-Unicauca
Miembro Core, Student Tech Club Unicauca.Net