tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: URL Rewriting
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 21:47:16 GMT
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Kiran Badi <kiran@poonam.org> wrote:

>> 1) Embed it in the URL for GET requests, either via query string or
>>   as path info  (e.g. /story/data/17 )

> I think this is what I am presently doing.

The query string approach, yes; personally I think the pathinfo approach
is cleaner visually.

>> 2) Use a form to POST the request with the id included (a bit clunky,
>>      same security issue)

> Form will not work as data is dynamic and form I feel will not serve the
> purpose.

The data being "dynamic" isn't relevant. And this approach *is* used
by frameworks like Rails for cases where GET isn't appropriate.

But each approach has advantages and disadvantages, so...

http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan