tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with URL mapping
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 05:28:32 GMT
2012/6/22  <comm@sergey-mashkov.net>:
> Hello all
>
> I have problem with URL mappings with embedded tomcat 7
>
> I whant to handle all requests to my applications. I added filter with
> mapping /*  for my application with context path "/"
>
>    FilterMap errorFilter = new FilterMap();
>    errorFilter.setFilterName("errors-filter");
>    errorFilter.addURLPattern("/*");
>    ctx.addFilterMap(errorFilter);
>

> This works fine in most cases except the cases when "\" character is in the
> request URL.
>
> For examle
>
> localhost:9999/test/path     handled correctly, but
> localhost:9999/test\path     is not handled and server just returns blank
> page
>
> Any ideas?

What is the name of your web application? If it is "test" then the
"test\path" page is handled by the ROOT webapp. The "\" is not a
separator. It is just a character.

If you do not have ROOT webapp, then an attempt to access it will
return a zero-length response, but with correct HTTP response code and
reason phrase.