tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: puzzling stacktrace
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 21:54:36 GMT
2012/6/8  <Chad.Davis@emc.com>:
> I have just reorganized my tomcat deployment to use catalina base and home.  I'm getting
an obscure, to me at least, error on startup.  During the processing of my webapps I think.
 I'm on tomcat 5.5.35, and, yes, I'm going to upgrade after I get the base and home thing
working.

What did you put and where?

Please follow instructions in RUNNING.txt closely.

The libraries in Tomcat 5 are split over more directories than in
Tomcat 6 and later. The paths to them are configured in
conf/catalina.properties.
I think you put server or common libraries into wrong place, or they
are not readable.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko