tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cassano, Chris" <ccass...@EmpriseCorporation.com>
Subject RE: Confusing tomcat error - can't find javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionAttributeListener
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:17:46 GMT
The Tomcat version number is 6.0.33 and I just checked the WEB-INF/lib folder and I don't see
servlet-api.jar.

Thanks

Chris Cassano
Emprise Corporation (http://www.emprisecorporation.com)
(860) 464-8555

-----Original Message-----
From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:09 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Confusing tomcat error - can't find javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionAttributeListener

On 20/06/2012 18:57, Cassano, Chris wrote:
> Hi, I'm getting a fatal error when I start tomcat. Now I would think that servlet-api.jar
is missing from the tomcat classpath but if I do -verbose:class I can clearly see tomcat using
other classes from that jar so I know it's already included:

> [Loaded javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest from file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%206.0/lib/servlet-api.jar]
>

> The exact error I'm getting is:
>
> java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
>     The import javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionAttributeListener cannot be resolved
>     The import javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionBindingEvent cannot be resolved
>     HttpSessionAttributeListener cannot be resolved to a type
>     HttpSessionBindingEvent cannot be resolved to a type
>     HttpSessionBindingEvent cannot be resolved to a type
>     HttpSessionBindingEvent cannot be resolved to a type
>     HttpSessionBindingEvent cannot be resolved to a type
>

> The file that gives this error has import javax.servlet.http.*; at the top so it appears
that I've already imported the necessary classes. How can I fix this fatal error? Why does
tomcat see javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest but not javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionAttributeListener?
> I'm using Tomcat version 6.0 on Windows XP SP3.

6.0.what?

Have you accidentally put the Servlet API jar in your apps WEB-INF/lib?

[key:62590808]