tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cassano, Chris" <ccass...@EmpriseCorporation.com>
Subject Confusing tomcat error - can't find javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionAttributeListener
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 17:57:31 GMT
Hi, I'm getting a fatal error when I start tomcat. Now I would think that servlet-api.jar is
missing from the tomcat classpath but if I do -verbose:class I can clearly see tomcat using
other classes from that jar so I know it's already included:

[Loaded javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest from file:/C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Software%20Foundation/Tomcat%206.0/lib/servlet-api.jar]

The exact error I'm getting is:

java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
    The import javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionAttributeListener cannot be resolved
    The import javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionBindingEvent cannot be resolved
    HttpSessionAttributeListener cannot be resolved to a type
    HttpSessionBindingEvent cannot be resolved to a type
    HttpSessionBindingEvent cannot be resolved to a type
    HttpSessionBindingEvent cannot be resolved to a type
    HttpSessionBindingEvent cannot be resolved to a type

The file that gives this error has import javax.servlet.http.*; at the top so it appears that
I've already imported the necessary classes. How can I fix this fatal error? Why does tomcat
see javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest but not javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionAttributeListener?
I'm using Tomcat version 6.0 on Windows XP SP3.

Thank you