tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: apache-tomcat-7.0.27 start up errors on Mac OX "Lion"
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 01:09:00 GMT
> From: Samuel V Green III [mailto:macunkie@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: apache-tomcat-7.0.27 start up errors on Mac OX "Lion"

> issued command export Catalina_HOME=/Library/Tomcat

That's not useful (or necessary).  The variable name is CATALINA_HOME, not Catalina_HOME (case
matters).

> Using JRE_HOME:        /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home

That looks suspicious, but I don't have a Mac at hand to compare with.  Exactly what JVM version
do you have installed?  Can it run other Java programs?

> org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap

It's looking like your JVM installation might not be quite right...

 - Chuck