tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Morgan, Russel" <Russel.Mor...@disney.com>
Subject RE: Help Linking Static Content In a WebApp before and after (6.0.30.x)
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:45:05 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

So if I bundle the default servlet with my application and then configure it to run as a different
named servlet, and map static resources to it within the webapp that should work? (I will
certainly try that)

Also, all "tricks" aside, what is the proper way to address static assets deployed within
a webapplication, if pathing them to the default servlet is inappropriate?

Forgive my ignorance but couldn't I just set this in my webapp xml descriptor, and "rename"
it, and then path to it?

Perhaps the fact that the code is loaded by the webapp class loader makes a difference , I
am not sure.  (just ruling out this possibility)

  <servlet>
        <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>