tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Janner <Jeffrey.Jan...@PolyDyne.com>
Subject RE: Adapting a webapp to use https
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 13:27:55 GMT

Dave -

A lot depends on the actual requirements being proposed by your potential customer.

You don't mention anything about how your app currently handles authentication.  If the current
method is acceptable, then all you really need to do is convert the <connector> attribute
to support SSL and get a certificate. You may also want to add a <security-constraint>
with a transport guarantee of CONFIDENTIAL to your app's web.xml file.

See the online documentation for your tomcat release, e.g. http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/ssl-howto.html.

You will also need to insure that the client computers can be configured to support/use SSL.

If however, the goal is to add some improved form of authentication, you'll need to read deeper,
and then come back with some specific questions about the path you wish to take.

Jeff

Confidentiality Notice:  This Transmission (including any attachments) may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender or
telephone (512) 343-9100 and delete this transmission from your system.