tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "r.sriram" <>
Subject poi- No Class Def Found Exception
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:48:29 GMT

I am using poi to read Excel files. I have added poi-3.8 directory in my
development environment. When I run Main Class in my development, the
classes associated with poi-3.8 (org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell;

get picked up fine.

when I invoke the it in my servlet code, I get No class def found
exception when I instantiate HSSFWorkbook.

I have included the following in CLASSPATH in User Variables in my
windows environment- C:\Program Files
(x86)\poi-3.8\poi-3.8-20120326.jar. Still I am getting No Class Def
Found exception.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message