tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Terence M. Bandoian" <>
Subject RE: Wish to use an independent class module in Tomcat
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 23:26:21 GMT
  On 1:59 PM, Cotton, Joseph B wrote:
> A link to the Tomcat documentation:
> brary_Files
> -Terence Bandoian
> Thanks, Terence. Now I have a related question...
> This is perhaps more a Java question than a Tomcat question.  I have
> copied a jar file into the shared library of Tomcat.  But now, if I want
> to use a class (from the jar file in the Tomcat share lib) in my app, I
> get a compile error (class not found) unless I also copy the jar into my
> app library.  Is there any way to not have to copy the jar to my app
> library and still be able to use in my app the class from the Tomcat
> shared library?
> I am using NetBeans IDE 7.1.1, Apache Tomcat 7.0.22 and Java 6.23
> (build 1.6.0_23-b05).
> Thanks
> Joe

Hi, Joe-

You have to ensure your jar file is included in the compile class path.
Someone else on the list may be able to tell you how to do that in
NetBeans.  Also, your JAR should not be placed in both the Tomcat lib
directory and your web app's lib directory.

-Terence Bandoian

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message