tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat DBCP Connection pool issue
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 21:30:24 GMT
> 100 active db connections sounds like a lot. Do you really need to
> support 100 simultaneous connections to your database? Can your
> database support that many connections with active queries from each?
> Do you have a cluster? Remember that each member in the cluster will
> therefore open a maximum of 100 connections to your database. 10
> cluster members means 1000 simultaneous connections.
to begin with I am targetting 1000 users at any time.I know this is too
much to dream off.But again let me try for that.

I will enable abondered detection settings.Thanks for bringing to notice.

There's no time like the present: this problem will only get worse
over time.

I had written a bunch of DAO  classes sometimes back,but there was bug in DB design(for one
functionality,I forgot to relate tables properly) and after fixing that I somehow forgot to
to use model 2 design(again my bad its hard to wire the brain to work this way when you can
just make easy calls and then present data to the client and yet do MVC) and started working
 old way and due to this db calls went into the servlet.For other module I am fixing this
and will make action servlet which will read request uri and then do the appropriate action.I
have almost visualised,inserts and deletes.Trying to find the way to see how to make edit
work.I have around 10 images and around 10 fields which I need to perists somewhere before
final insert.

God bless me.