tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: restrict per user public_html to serve static files only...
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:15:14 GMT
Kim, when we ask to not "top-post", here is what we mean.
This is a "correctly" formatted version of your last message :

-- start

Hi, Charles
Really sorry as I'm new here.

> 2012/6/27 Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>:
>>> From: Kim [mailto:kim@aerodrive.com]
>>> Subject: Re: restrict per user public_html to serve static files only...
>> Please do not top-post; it's rude and annoying.
>>
>>> each user can have his/her own web.xml and can do whatever URL
>>> mapping in web.xml to serve his/her servlet
>> ???  You first say users cannot have dynamic content, then state that users can have
their own servlets.  Both can't be true at the same time.

I would like to restrict the per user web application to only
serve static files only. But the current implementation of Tomcat
would enable web application on a per user basic, i.e. they can deploy
a web.xml in WEB-INF and execute servlet or JSP in tomcat.

Regards,
Kim

-- end

You see, it's easy to read, in a logical order, thus easy to know which answer relates to

which question/remark.  And it saves you retyping the question.