tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat DBCP Connection pool issue
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:24:49 GMT
Probably waited too long for a connection. What does your pool
configuration look like? Look in META-INF/context.xml or, I suppose, in
conf/server.xml for <Resource> elements.

  <Resource name="jdbc/mysitedb" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
                username="user" password="xxx"
driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
                url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/mysitedb"/>

This is my configuration in context.xml Chris.

  I had a bug in my code  and I was not closing connection, I fixed it
and now this is working fine.
> an architectural comment: it's probably not a great idea to
> obtain a database connection directly from your Servlet. Doing so
> likely ties your business logic directly to both the servlet API *and*
> the JDBC API.
>
> If you want to switch to some other data source (e.g. a
> non-JDBC-supported data source like MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.), then
> you have to re-write your whole app. If you want to support Websocket,
> then you have to completely re-write your webapp. If you want to
> create an Android or Swing-based version, you have to completely
> re-write your app. See the pattern here?

I know existing design is somewhat a kind of limitation,but again at
this point ,its just to hard to implement this change.

Let me think over this.It will take sometime.