tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat server start up taking excessive time
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 12:43:49 GMT
Daniel Mikusa wrote:
> [...]
to the time stamps).  Try starting up Tomcat without that application deployed and see how
fast it goes.

+1.
Emphasis : *your app* "ematrix".
Forget Tomcat per se, and try to figure out why *your app* is taking so long to start.
- maybe it is writing megabytes of data to this "trace file" that is mentioned
- maybe it is doing a DNS lookup of some host address, and your DNS is not properly
configured, so it times out after a (long) while
- maybe it is using HTTPS, and is waiting for enough entropy
- maybe it must parse some huge XML data file, and does not have enough memory, so it is
swapping in and out, or doing plenty of GC's
- etc..