tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel González Castaños <miguel_3_gonza...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: heap memory issues
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 17:47:57 GMT
On 19/06/2012 06:04, Terence M. Bandoian wrote:
>  On 1:59 PM, Miguel González Castaños wrote:
>> I know, but how do I know how much ram to assign in a 64 bits jdk? We
>> are planning to move to a bigger server (hopefully 16 or 32 gb).
>>
>> Miguel
>
> 16 or 32 GB?  Is this a medical image processing system?  A control
> system for a space flight?  Sorry for the sarcasm but that just seems
> like an enormous amount of memory.
It depends on how many concurrent users you have. If you have plans of
having more than 1000 people accessing at the same time your server you
have to be ready and I'm not talking about short sessions, but long
sessions and intense database access.

Anyway, before we move to a bigger server, we need to get a stable
webapp and check which load can handle the current server.

Miguel