tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org>
Subject Protect JSP from Direct Access in Tomcat 7.0.xx
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 00:10:15 GMT
Hi All,

I need your guidance again.I have bunch of JSP's close to 100+ which I
need to protect it from direct access.

I have this mapping in web xml and this is not working,It seems that
probably i need to define a role first and then use below settings.But
unfortunately my app is open internet application which does not use
realm at all.

<security-constraint>
<display-name>DenyAccesstoDirectJSP</display-name>
<web-resource-collection>
<web-resource-name>sample.jsp</web-resource-name>
<description>Sample confirmation JSP</description>
<url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
<http-method>GET</http-method>
<http-method>POST</http-method>
</web-resource-collection>
</security-constraint>

All my jsp's are residing in the webpages folder of project directory.I
know this is incorrect and probably gives direct access to jsp's.

So I have some clarification to ask,

1. is their a way to tell tomcat to not to serve direct jsp's probably
via web xml

2. Is their any extra setting that is required if I move my JSP's inside
web-inf.I created a folder under web-inf and create sample hello
world.jsp and then tried to invoke that jsp but got 404 message.

- Kiran