tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel González Castaños <miguel_3_gonza...@yahoo.es>
Subject wget and Tomcat resources
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 23:13:44 GMT
Dear all,

   Our developer has set a cronjob similar to this:

   wget -T 0 http://ourserver.com/email_sender

   which calls a javabean to check pending emails to send in a database
and actually send them.

   I'm concerned about this, since I have realized that we have peaks of
500 http connections per minute exactly about the same time this cronjob
runs. I'm just wondering if this cronjob is performing several retries
(since it sets a 0 timeout) and count as http hits.

   This increase of http hits (not related to people connecting since
people connect in office hours and this happens early morning) is
happening together with an increase of use of memory.

    Regards,

    Miguel