tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Jakarta ISAP Redirector
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:18:12 GMT
DeMarco, Alex wrote:
> I hope this is the right place to post this question.

It is the right place.

> We have the latest Jakarta Plugin installed with IIS 7.5.
>

> Do you know, does the plugin specifically block  /services requests on
> wsdl's

Short answer : no, it does not specifically block any request.
In fact, it is the opposite : it only forwards requests to Tomcat, if the request URL
matches some pre-defined values.
See :
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/iis.html
the section "How does it work ?".
(and for the word "worker", understand "a back-end tomcat").

One more thing : the isapi_redirector can write a logfile.
See item (3) in the section "Configuring the ISAPI Redirector" for details.
The logfile will tell you when and why it is forwarding a request to Tomcat and when/why not.