tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel González Castaños <miguel_3_gonza...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: isHexDigit error problems and upgrading Tomcat and jdk
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 21:51:52 GMT

> That depends upon how you have configured your access log: you can
> configure an access log to log only requests that failed and the
> details of that request like this:
>
> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
>       conditionIf="org.apache.catalina.parameter_parse_failed"
>       />
>
> You will probably want to put "%t" and "%r" in your pattern.

This looks interesting. In my test environment (with Tomcat 7 and java
1.7) it shows by default

directory="logs"
                prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
                pattern="%h %l %u %t &quot;%r&quot; %s %b" />

this should keep track of the errors just adding just the entry:

conditionIf="org.apache.catalina.parameter_parse_failed"

?

> Unfortunately, this is a POST that is being processed and it's hard to
> use the RequestDumperFilter to dump the requests of only certain
> requests.... that might be the only way to get the offending parameter
> name or value that is causing this problem.
Many thanks for your hints :)

Miguel