tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org>
Subject Re: Can someone suggest mail some opensource mail server which works well with Tomcat.
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 00:59:05 GMT

If you are going to use Javamail to access a remote mailbox (even if
it's on localhost), then you can use any email server software that
otherwise meets your needs. Javamail can communicate with any POP3 or
IMAP server -- it need not be Java-based. You can even use Google Mail
as your email service if you want (for both SMTP/send and
POP3/IMAP/fetch).

Kiran: Is google mail a part of google apps or its normal gmail service which we use ?.I feel
there might be some limits on the number of requests like google api's Can you elaborate more
please.

Any feedback on apache james ?