tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: "/" getting added to action path
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 00:49:00 GMT

On 6/5/12 5:37 PM, Dharamshila Khandelwal wrote:
> I am doing testing of a web application on IE 8. I am not able to
> load any images, css, etc. because "/" is getting added in front of
> action path.
> For example, when trying to load the following script, <script
> language="JavaScript" src="include/mm_menu.js"></script> It gives
> me the following error  in tomcat logs: [ERROR] RequestProcessor -
> -Invalid path /include/mm_menu.js was requested
> The document base is /uom. Instead of finding this script under
> /uom, its finding it under /.
> I am not sure how to fix this problem, can someone please help?

What is the URL of the resource that contains the above <script>
element? HTTP clients cannot make "relative" requests to a server: all
requests are fully-qualified and so the URL comes from the relative
URL in the page plus the base URL from the resource that contains it
(got that?).

This probably works from /foo/bar.html but not /bar.html because you
aren't using context-relative links, but rather using
resource-relative links. You are in for a lot of trouble this way.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools -
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -