tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ravi <ravikapoor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getting frustrated with web sockets
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 19:37:40 GMT

Because

1. This article says tomcat websockets were implemented as servlets so
that users have access to request and session parameters. So I am trying
to find out what the mechanism is. If it is not possible, maybe the
author of that article is confused.

http://www.tomcatexpert.com/blog/2012/05/01/how-apache-tomcat-implemented-websocket

2. Most webapps do need sessions for any useful functionality. I am
trying to find if something is built in so I do not try to do my own
session management and reinvent the wheel.

regards