tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Mayr <>
Subject Re: ROOT.xml problem
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 13:20:52 GMT
Am 03.06.2012 09:17, schrieb Kevin Marx:
> OK, so now, how is this working?  How to fix it?
> ROOT.xml is located in conf/Catalina/localhost
> File contents are thus:
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <Context
> 	docBase="C:\Corda\CenterView4\Server\corda\"
> 	reloadable="true"
> />
> in the browser I am entering http://localhost:8080
> the URL is comes up with is thus:
> http://localhost:8080/dashboards/welcome/main.dashxml
> However it should be:
> http://localhost:8080/corda/dashboards/welcome/main.dashxml
> This URL will work when entered.  The /corda is necessary
> Why is the /corda missing from the URL?  What needs to be in the ROOT.xml file to make
it show up?

So you have a third-party app which needs to be called in the /corda
context. There seems no way to make it accessible as ROOT applications.

I think you just need a redirect pointing to your applications location.

1. remove everything you did to make it work as ROOT; back to the
working /corda version
2. Create a redirect in your ROOT context

Options to make no. 2 work:
create webapps/ROOT/index.jsp with content

or a simple html-only version index.html:
       content="0; URL=/corda/">

hope this fulfills your needs

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: