tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Limina <>
Subject Question about Tomcat6 & IIS in windows.
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:31:41 GMT
I'm in a position where I'm trying to upgrade legacy websites to the latest version of tomcat/windows/iis
to help improve performance.

Old environment:
2003 server, IIS 7

Current environment:
Windows Web Server 2008 R2 64bit
IIS 7.5
Apache Tomcat 6.0.35
JVM Version: Java 64 Bit Server VM ver. (june 2012)

Our previous environment was using Jakarta isapi_rewrite.dll to connect IIS with Tomcat.
 I could not get the isapi_rewrite.dll to function in this environment after reading several
How-To's and FAQs.   I tried the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of these dlls to no avail.

Then I realized that this project was retired in 2011.

I then tried this connector and got it to work great:

However I have my doubts about this project, it isn't very robust.

Am I wrong about this dll not being updated anymore?  It would be cool if I was wrong but
I don't think I am.  If this is the case, which alternative connecter would anyone recommend
using if I can not get this to function correctly?

Any ideas?

Should I be able to get this dll working?

Chris Limina * Junior Web Application Developer
3390 peachtree rd. * suite 800 * atlanta, ga 30326 * 404-475-0957
response mine interactive * acquire more customers