tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Chad.Da...@emc.com>
Subject RE: puzzling stacktrace
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 13:51:56 GMT

> What did you put and where?

CATALINA_HOME has everything from the distribution, untouched ( unless my build has changed
something, but it doesn't appear to be so ).  I've verified, in particular, that the server
and common libs are there, and that the values in catalina.properties point to them accurately.

> Please follow instructions in RUNNING.txt closely.

I believe that I have.  But it's not exactly clear to me on what I need in CATALINA_BASE.
 I have, at this point, only populated it with things that I have overridden.  For instance,
CATALINA_BASE/conf only has server.xml, because that's the only file I customized.  Are copies
of all the other ones supposed to be there too?

Similarly, I don't even have a 'server', 'common', or 'shared' folder in my CATALINA_BASE
because I'm utilizing those classloaders.

Perhaps this is wrong.  Personally, I can't tell from the RUNNING.txt doc.