tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Laurent Petit <lpe...@yseop.com>
Subject Re : Re: Issue with keep-alive connections, when using APR Connector on Windows and starting Processes from Servlets
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:45:40 GMT
En Réponse à "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org> le 21 juin 2012 00:07 Can
you verify your 2 threads (reading input an error) are launched ? Yes they are. Verified.
Can you confirm you are getting the problem only on Windows ? Yes sir, we're unable to reproduce
it on Ubuntu. Jeff On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:19 PM, Laurent Petit <lpetit@yseop.com>
wrote: > Hello, > > I have a problem with keep-alive connections, when starting a
subprocess > (via JDK's default ProcessBuilder/Process API), while also having > started
Tomcat with the APR HTTP/1.1 Connector. > > The problem symptom is with Keep-Alive connection,
as follows: > > - the client (browser, jmeter, etc.) sends a first request > - the
servlet starts a Process for e.g. wordpad.exe > - the servlet returns an acknowledgment
html content, sets the content > length, flushes the writer, and returns > - the client
displays the received acknowledgement html content, sends > the second request to the server.
> - the server doesn't answer. No Tomcat log ever reports the start of > something received.
> - Then when on the server you close the wordpad.exe instance, the server > finally
handles the second request. > > I have created a small servlet code which reproduces
the problem. > For the demo, it suffices to have the started subprocess be > "wordpad.exe".
Of course my real process is more interesting than > that :-). > > You can find the
servlet code for reproducing the test here: > > https://www.refheap.com/paste/3254 >
> > To reproduce the problem deterministically, the ConnectionTimeout for > the APR
HTTP Connector in servlet.xml must be set sufficiently low. > With my boxes, I get a 100%
error hit when set at 200 ms. > > You can find here the jmeter script which hits the
same page again and > again with "keep-alive" option set on: > > https://www.refheap.com/paste/3255
> > > So far, the only reliable solution we have found to work around this > problem
is to not use the HTP/1.1 APR Connector. > > > My configuration : > Windows 2008
US std R2 64bits > Tomcat 6.0.32 64 bits > Java 6u30 64 bits(Oracle) > > Same
issue has been observed on Windows 7 32 bits. > > Was not able to reproduce the issue
on Linux Ubuntu Desktop 11.10 or > 12.04. > > > Thanks for your support, ideas,