tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Rohde <...@ordix.de>
Subject Manager activeSessions and customized error page
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 12:46:16 GMT
Hi!

I configured the Manager's maxActiveSessions attribute in context.xml. If the configured value
is exceeded an IllegalStateException "createSession: Too many active sessions" is thrown in
ManagerBase class. In our application we catch this exception around httpServletRequest.getSession(true)
and redirect to an customized error page. Works!

Now I activated form based authentication via securiy constraint in web.xml. If I try to open
the web application with my browser by sending the first request, the response is empty (status
200 OK).

Is there any way to map a static customized error page in this scenario?

If not: Is there any other approach to limit the number of sessions?

Thanks!
Thomas