tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Drukman <...@cluttered.com>
Subject Re: Connection timeout
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 20:40:31 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale <at> unisys.com> writes:

> You keep contradicting yourself: is it a massive box, or can it
> only support a miniscule number of threads?
> Pick one.

Where did I say it could only support a miniscule number of threads?
I'm sorry if I accidentally gave that impression.

It's a massive box.  We are expecting massive traffic today.  I believe
the box can
handle it.  I assume the out-of-the-box Tomcat configuration is conservative
(please correct me if I'm wrong).

> > > You can also use the NIO connector if you want more more concurrency.
>
> > Explain please, or link?
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html

Explain to someone who has no idea what that page is saying :)

-jsd-