tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Drukman <...@cluttered.com>
Subject Connection timeout
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 19:06:26 GMT
I have a commercial app running Tomcat 6.  I don't really know anything
about Tomcat, so I need some help with performance tuning.

What happens is that a small percentage of connections from our client
machines just timeout on the connect.  I assume I'm running into some
limitation in Tomcat.

Here's what I put in my server.xml:

 <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="3000"
               connectionLinger="-1"
               acceptCount="500"
               maxKeepAliveRequests="1"
               enableLookups="false"
               redirectPort="8443" />

The machine in question is an Amazon "Extra Large" instance, so it
should be plenty beefy.

Do those settings look good?  Is there any other place I can tune the
system to have it accept more simultaneous clients, or have a deeper
wait queue?