tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Drukman <>
Subject manager 404
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 19:22:26 GMT
I know absolutely nothing about tomcat but my company has just purchased
a product that uses it, and lucky me, I get to install it!

I set up a brand new Amazon Linux box (basically CentOS with some Amazon
enhancements).  I installed tomcat6 and tomcat6-admin-webapps from yum.

Going to http://server:8080/manager results in a 404 error page

type Status report
message /manager/
description The requested resource (/manager/) is not available.

There is a manager and host-manager directory in /usr/share/tomcat6/webapps.
Those directories have files like META-INF and WEB-INF in them.

I was able to install the sample app from the tomcat site and that works fine,
but nothing else does.

How do I go about debugging this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: