tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Charles Shreve <char...@citinc.biz>
Subject Tomcat from remote subnet
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 14:30:00 GMT
We have Tomcat running tomcat on Red Hat 5.1.  We have our web application accessible to us
on the local subnet with no problems.  We have all firewalls turned off to prevent any problems.
 We are trying to load up the application from a remote location across a VPN that connects
the two offices.  We are able to open a test.html page from the remote location but we cannot
open our web app from the remote location.  Does Tomcat, by default, only allow local subnet
access?

IP address of server is: 192.168.5.253

IP of local subnet is: 192.168.5.0/255.255.255.0

IP of remote subnet is: 10.10.1.0/255.255.255.0

If we hook up a windows machine, we are able to open up web pages on the IP  using port 80
and 443.  We have file sharing working between the remote location and the local office along
with access to OWA from our two Windows servers.  We can ping the red hat server and get a
response back.  We can also telnet from the remote location to the red hat server and login
as root with no problems.  The only thing we can't do is access our web app.

Thank You,

Charles