tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Štulpa <stulpa.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat returns 404 on wrong deployed applications
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 09:22:47 GMT
*Hi,*
*

we have several REST applications using Spring MVC. Sometimes some of these
applications after deploy don’t start (because of error in spring
context,...). Application is deployed but it isn’t running. Our javascript
client access resource url. It gets 404 status, therefore it assumes, that
resource doesn’t exist. So we are unable to detect this error. More
appropriate for us would be http status 500. Is possible change this
default tomcat behavior? For example Jetty returns 503 on such error.*
*
*
*Regards,*
*Adam*