tomcat-users mailing list archives

From umar farooq <umarfarooq...@gmail.com>
Subject WebSocket Help
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 23:53:37 GMT
Hi All,
       I am trying to use Chat example of WebSocket given in  Tomcat
version 7.0.27. Problem I faced are here.

1) After opening the web socket it closes the socket automatically
after 20 sec. I want connection open until Guest (i.e. user)
explicitly closes it.
2) Second thing is that It broad casts the message to all users but
what i want is to send message to a specific group of people.
Is there any method to send message to specific group.?? I checked API
for WebSocket but there is no method for multicast.

Kindly help me I have very short time to implement it.

Thanks..

--
*Regards,
*