tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Todd Seidenberg <todd.seidenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding the manager app to a Standalone tomcat install
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 16:16:55 GMT
On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 2:57 PM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:

> Ognjen Blagojevic wrote:
>
>> Todd,
>>
>> On 4.5.2012 22:01, Todd Seidenberg wrote:
>>
>>> xx.x.32.16 - - [04/May/2012:13:59:05 -0600] "GET /manager/html HTTP/1.1"
>>> 404 991 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML,
>>> like Gecko) Ubuntu/12.04 Chromium/18.0.1025.151 Chrome/18.0.1025.151
>>> Safari/535.19"
>>> xx.x.32.16 - - [04/May/2012:13:59:34 -0600] "GET /manager/html HTTP/1.1"
>>> 404 991 "http://cascade:8090/" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64)
>>> AppleWebKit/535.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu/12.04
>>> Chromium/18.0.1025.151
>>> Chrome/18.0.1025.151 Safari/535.19"
>>>
>>
>> Brainstorming...
>>
>> Did you check access permissions for webapps/manager directory and its
>> contents? User running Tomcat must be able to read it.
>>
>>
> And one more thing to try :
> - Stop Tomcat
> - delete all the Tomcat logfiles (before that, save a copy somewhere, for
> later reference)
> - delete the directory /usr/local/confluence-4/conf/**Standalone/ and all
> its content (Tomcat will regenerate it)
> - start Tomcat and try again to access the manager app
> - stop Tomcat
> - paste the full content here, of the logfile which shows Tomcat being
> started and the applications being deployed, up to the end showing Tomcat
> being stopped
>
> Note: the directory /usr/local/confluence-4/conf/**Standalone/ is named
> so, instead of the more classic /usr/local/confluence-4/conf/**Catalina/,
> because in your server.xml, the <Engine> tag has been modified, compared to
> the standard Tomcat 6 server.xml.
> (the "name" attribute value was changed from "Catalina" to "Standalone").
> (And maybe this has something to do with the issue here; it may in any
> case change the way things are being logged)
>
>
Folks,

I've solved this problem.

I wound up completely removing the Confluence/tomcat directories, and
restoring them from a tar'd backup. Once I did that, i took the following
steps:

- set autodeploy to 'true' in the server.xml file
- modified the tomcat-users.xml file and server.xml file to reflect the use
of a tomcat-users.xml file
- copied the manager directory (from the apache-tomcat-6.0.32/webapps
directory from a fresh untarring of the tomcat package) tot he webapps
directory
- started tomcat.


This is all I needed to do. The manager deployed correctly, and created a
manager.xml file in the appropriate place. Not sure how things had gotten
corrupted before, but they did - so I punted. It appears to have worked.

Thanks for everyone's help.

- Todd



>
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.**apache.org<users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message