tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Todd Seidenberg <>
Subject Re: Adding the manager app to a Standalone tomcat install
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 13:28:06 GMT
I have a script in cacti that graphs data from the XML generated by the
manager app. I was using this before, with this same application, in a
non-standalone mode. I would love to switch back to the previous setup, but
cannot because of reasons beyond my control.

So if I wanted to drop in a manager app from a complete version of tomcat,
will I need a seperate virtual host to run it? Or can I run it's context
within the same host thats currently running my standalone app?

My previous efforts to do this resulted in a BLANK page when I tried
hitting the manager app - so any help would be appreciated.